Momentum Dance Challenge is open to all students regardless
- This is your event! All of the proceeds from
ticket sales at your school belong to you! We will also advertise Momentum
Dance Challenge in the community.
- The OTTAWA Challenge is open to every high
school in the Outaouais region's French and English school boards.
are no prerequisites for entering the competition. We are, however, encouraging
the students to create and choreograph their own dances. Each team must pay and
register for each piece of choreography.
- Choreography is not limited to any style, however we encourage high energy routines.
- The performances will be judged by four (3-4) professionals (2-3 dance professionals and 1 local celebrity).
- A major highlight of the event will be performances
by one or two of of the industry's top local professional dance companies (*See promotional poster for details).
- The top performing group will be given
an opportunity to present their choreography at the Culture Shock
Canada Showcase Weekend ! Visit the Culture Shock
Canada web site for more details on the company and its mission. www.cultureshockcanada.org
*note* if the group awarded is not able to attend the Culture Shock Canada Showcase Weekend, the performance award will be offered to the second place group.
- Momentum Dance Challenge is an opportunity for you to raise money for your dance program
- Teams must be registered in order to receive tickets (or have them activated online)!
- Tickets will be sold for $10.00. Fifty (50) tickets will be distributed (or activated online) once registration and payment have been received. Once sold out, additional tickets can be distributed (or activated).
- Income from
tickets purchased on the night of the event will be directly invested into next
- NEW AS OF 2018 - Teams will now be able to raise more money through “Community Support” tickets. These tickets can be sold to people who would like to support your dance team but can not attend the Challenge in person.